How to Prevent Jock Itch
While jock itch (sometimes called 'jockage') is common in active males — and females — it can easily be avoided by following these jock itch prevention tips.
Here's what you need to know about how to prevent jock itch:
- Ensure your skin, groin area and upper thighs are clean and dry after bathing or showering.
- Don't share clothing, sportswear or towels with other people.
- Don't expose the genital area to prolonged periods of wetness or moisture.
- Use preventative products such as LamisilAF Defense Spray Powder.
LamisilAT products are proven to cure most jock itch with 1-week of treatment.*
* When used as directed
5 Tips for Preventing Jock Itch
How to Prevent Jock Itch — Do's & Don'ts
- Wear loose-fitting underwear while exercising or playing sports to help reduce friction and prevent chafing in the groin area.
- Choose breathable materials like cotton and Lycra that help keep you dry and help prevent jockage.
- Clean your groin area everyday with warm water and soap to prevent jock itch. Wash or shower straightaway after exercising or playing sports. Then dry yourself thoroughly, especially your groin and upper thigh area.
- Change your underwear daily or more often if you exercise or sweat heavily.
- Wash towels and bed linen frequently using hot water — 60ºC in the washing machine — to kill fungal spores.
- Use to absorb extra moisture.
- Use the same towel to dry infected and noninfected areas.
- Wear tight briefs — opt for boxers instead.
- Wear a wet swimsuit for a prolonged period of time. Excessive moisture in the groin area may promote the growth of fungus that causes jock itch.
- Wear workout clothes more than once. Wash sports clothing, socks and underwear in hot water to kill fungal spores.
- Use shared athletic equipment without cleaning it first with a disinfectant.
- Accidently spread the infection. Remember to wash your hands after applying an antifungal jock itch treatment.
Jock Itch Treatment Options
Use as directed
LamisilAT Cream for Jock Itch
Full prescription strength. Proven to cure jock itch with 1-week of treatment.*
*When used as directed.
Use as directed
LamisilAT Spray for Jock Itch
Full prescription strength. Liquid spray for easy, no-touch application.