Jock Itch Symptoms
Symptoms of jock itch, especially persistent and untreated, can be painful and uncomfortable.
Jock itch symptoms vary, but here are the most common:
See More Symptoms +
- Itching or burning around your groin, thighs, buttocks and anus
- Red rash and raised scaly patches
- Blisters or ulcers that may ooze
- Abnormally dark or light skin in the infected area
- Broken blisters, causing pain and swelling
- Thick, dry, scaly skin on the groin area
- Foul odor if infection becomes severe
Where Will I See It On My Body?
Click on a spot to find out more.
May cause a red, scaly rash with blisters that may break and ooze.
Skin around the infection may become abnormally light or dark.
Itching and burning may occur around the anus and buttocks.
Who is at Greater Risk for Getting Jock Itch?
Jock itch isn’t a problem just for athletes. Some people have a greater risk of getting this fungal infection.
Men (but women can get it too!)
Anyone with an impaired immune system
People who wear tight underwear or unwashed jock straps
Treat Jock Itch Right Away!
The infection can spread to other parts of your body (like your feet or hands) and become more irritating.
Treat & Prevent