How to Prevent Athlete's Foot
While athlete's foot is a highly common fungal infection, it can easily be prevented with routine foot care and these tips.
5 Tips to Keep You Athlete's Foot Free
The Dos & Don'ts of Preventing Athlete's Foot
- Keep your feet clean and dry, especially between your toes.
- Wash your feet thoroughly with soap and water, then dry the area carefully. This is especially important to do after a workout or a shift in protective shoes.
- Put your socks on before your underwear to prevent the spread to uninfected areas.
- Go barefoot in public showers and locker rooms. Always wear sandals!
- Forget to change your socks. Always wear clean socks made from cotton or other natural fibers.
- Use the same towel to dry infected and uninfected areas. (Tip: Wash towels with detergent, bleach, and hot water.)